The Rundown with Melisa Magaña: Ep.3

Melisa Magaña, Podcaster

In this week’s episode of The Rundown with Melisa Magaña, our host covers important topics and events coming up such as Women’s History Month, free tax preparation, sports, and Covid-19 testing.
Available on Soundcloud, Spotify, and Apple Music @TheRunnerOnAir
Music Credits:
Intro and outro Song
Talk to Me
Written By Michael Thomas Geiger
Performed By Mikey Geiger
Sports Song:
Tore Up
Performed By Aaron Sprinkle
TRANSCRIPT:
Hello, I hope all of you guys are having a great day. I am your host Melisa Magaña and welcome to the third episode of The Rundown by The Runner on Air. There are many great events happening this week and you will not want to miss out…so let’s get started with this week’s rundown.
In honor of Women’s History Month, CSUB’s Organization of Women Leaders will be hosting several virtual zoom sessions on March 8. These zoom sessions will be divided into two 40-minute blocks. The event will begin at 11 a.m. with an introduction from President Lynnett Zelezny, who will speak about the significance of international women’s day. The first block will begin at 11:15 and end at 11:55 a.m., in which guests will participate in sessions about food preservation, meditation, and how to complete formal paperwork for business. The second block will begin at 12:05 and end at 12:45 p.m. In this block, guests will be able to paint, do chair yoga, and on theatre games. This event is open for CSUB students, faculty, and staff. You can register on the CSUB website, and you are more than welcome to register for more than one session, as long as they are in different time blocks.
If you haven’t done your taxes yet, don’t forget that CSUB is offering a free tax preparation service, for students, staff, and the community. This service is available each Saturday till March 26th. Due to COVID-19, there will be no meeting with clients face-to-face. You can drop off your W-2 at a secure drop box inside the business development center between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. You will be asked to make an appointment to drop off your documents by calling 661-654-3098. For more information about the program, you can visit csub.edu/vita.
Coming up this week, we will be having baseball and basketball games, which will all be hosted at our campus.
Our baseball team will be hosting 3 games this week. March 4 against Utah at 6 p.m. on the Hardt Field and March 5-6 they will be also playing against Utah on the Hardt field, both of these games will begin at 1 p.m.
Also, our men’s basketball will also be hosting a game this weekend on Saturday, March 5 at the Icardo Activity center. The game will begin at 1 p.m. and they will be playing against UC Irvine.
The music department will be hosting multiple events called “Shakespeare Unmasked” throughout this week, they will be celebrating Shakespeare woman. In this event, the evening will be an amazing one full of monologues and scenes from the writer himself. This event will be hosted at the Dore main theatre. An entrance fee will be asked. General admission will be $12, seniors $10, and students $5. This will be a recruiting event throughout this week from Thursday, March 3 to Sunday, March 6. From Thursday to Saturday the event will begin at 7:30 p.m. and on Sunday it will begin at 2:00 p.m.
This Wednesday, March 2 between 8:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. you can come to the Stockdale room to get a free rapid COVID-19 test. The results will be available within 15 minutes. You can make an appointment at www.csub.edu/covid-19, walk-ins are also welcomed. This testing center is available for students, staff, and faculty. Getting tested is highly recommended for everyone, to keep our campus community safe at all times.
Don’t forget to check out our latest issue in which a lot of important and interesting information has been shared. In the week’s issue, you can find information about the new energy center being built at CSUB, students losing access to canvas, enrollment rates declining spring 2022, students feeling foreign on Native Land, sports, and many more informative topics. You can access our digital issue at therunneronline.com. Also, follow all our social media which are also linked on our website in the top left corner.
And that’s will conclude this week’s episode. Thank you for listening to The Rundown by The Runner on Air, make sure to tune in each week to receive quick updates on dates and events going on at our campus. Don’t forget to follow us on our social media to stay up to date on more events. Have a blessed day and stay safe.