CSUB royalty

Back to Article
Back to Article

CSUB royalty

Homecoming candidates for the upcoming elections pose Monday with CSUB President Dr. Horace Mitchell (far left) and CSUB Vice President for Student Affairs Dr. Thomas Wallace (far right). The candidates led students, faculty, staff and alumni in a campus cleanup meant to keep the CSUB campus clean and beautiful. The campus cleanup was followed by an introduction of the Homecoming court in a kickoff barbecue at the patio outside the Student Union.
Photo by Alejandra Flores/The Runner

Homecoming candidates for the upcoming elections pose Monday with CSUB President Dr. Horace Mitchell (far left) and CSUB Vice President for Student Affairs Dr. Thomas Wallace (far right). The candidates led students, faculty, staff and alumni in a campus cleanup meant to keep the CSUB campus clean and beautiful. The campus cleanup was followed by an introduction of the Homecoming court in a kickoff barbecue at the patio outside the Student Union. Photo by Alejandra Flores/The Runner

Nominees for Homecoming

Nominees for Queen

Jacqueline Deniz Senior

Jacqueline Deniz
Senior

Homecoming Mugshot COLOR 6

“I am running for Homecoming queen because I just want the chance to continue to build positive memories of my time here at CSUB. So I would really appreciate any support. Thank you all for all of your votes. Thank you!”

Alejandra Santiago Senior

Alejandra Santiago
Senior

“You guys are going to see the ballot and vote for who you want, so vote for me because I already told my mom I won so you don’t want to disappoint her! So vote Alejandra!”

Nayeli Sanchez Senior

Nayeli Sanchez
Senior                                                                        

“I’m running because I want to acknowledge all that we’ve done here on campus and I think it would be a great opportunity to just give back by acknowledging all of the hard work that we’ve done.”

Jasmin Lopez Senior

Jasmin Lopez
Senior   

Keren Martin Senior

Keren Martin
Senior  

“I’ve just been very dedicated to this school and I just felt like I wanted to represent it. So vote for me, Keren Martin, and I hope to get your support.”

Dakota Bolinger Senior

Dakota Bolinger
Senior   

“I wanted to run just to be able to participate more on campus before I graduate from the nursing program. And some of the stuff I participate in… I really appreciate the support.”

Nominees for Prince

Graham C Wheat Junior

Graham C Wheat
Junior

“I thought it would be better just to speak to you guys candidly, student to student. I love CSUB and I am so proud to call all of you people here my peers and I just want to be a good ambassador for our school.” 

Nominees for Duke

Nicholas Cortez Sophomore

Nicholas Cortez
Sophomore

“I‘m running because I’m not really involved on campus, but the reason why I ran is so I can be more involved. So I saw that running for Homecoming would be like my stepping stone for getting more involved on campus. I’ll just keep it like that. Vote for me. We’re all Runners.”

Nominees for Maid

Melissa Lovera Freshman

Melissa Lovera
Freshman

“I believe you should vote for me because it would be an honor to represent the freshmen class here at CSUB. I love being on campus, I wish to be more involved with the campus and campus life…Vote for me!”

Viviane Ferrel Freshman

Viviane Ferrel
Freshman 

“…[What] I can bring to this campus is being involved. By being a helping hand and a friendly face, people can approach and rely on… if they have a sticky conflict or just need a listening ear when they need it most. What matters to me the most is being there for others, not only when they need it, but just being a great friend and doing something so simple as just putting a smile on their face and making their day.” 

Monica Aguilera Freshman

Monica Aguilera
Freshman 

“…I’ll tell you guys why I wanted to run. In high school, I always wanted to run for Homecoming, formal or prom, but I never had the guts to do it because I wasn’t really popular or anything…I decided to run…because it is something that I wanted to do. I might not win, or be at the top, but at least I’m trying for it because I’m not going to live college with regrets or anything. So yeah, thank you.”

Some candidates for Homecoming Court were not available to give a speech or be photographed due to scheduling.

Freshman Maid: Susan Masrroquin

Freshman Squire: Deon Danehy, Elijah Mitchell

Sophomore Duchess: Courtney Ludford, Jessica Forrestor

Junior Princess: Stephanie Hurtado, Deborah Kang, Krista Ann Tomlinson

Senior King: Michael Lovato

Senior Queen: Deslyn Joseph, Alyssa McCaskell