CSUB’s basketball season begins with Blue Gold Scrimmage

Susan Rodriguez, Sports Reporter

CSU Bakersfield’s basketball season will begin with their annual Blue and Gold Scrimmage that takes place Tuesday, Oct. 25 at 7 p.m. in the Icardo Center. This will include both the women’s and the men’s basketball teams.
Not only will fans get to see their favorite players compete with one another, but they will also get a chance to win big prizes throughout the night. Want to get up close and personal with the players and the excitement? The Athletics’ Department encourages students to check social media accounts for information on how to be a part of the Student Fan Tunnel during the game.
Fans will have the opportunity to sign up and be represented by their favorite Runner Basketball player. In a press release given by CSUB’s athletics department, “If they win, you win.” Prizes for this will include Dre Beats and a pair of Under Armour shoes.
The main prize of the night comes from the Blue and Gold Scrimmage sponsor: Bakersfield Hyundai. They will be offering all fans an opportunity to win a new car. Fans can win a brand new Hyundai Santa Cruz during the “Tough Golf Challenge” that will be held during the game.
Admission is free for everyone. There will be no proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test required. Students are also invited to stop by the Harvey Hall Family Plaza for the Party in the Plaza before the game at 6 p.m.