Campus Programming hosts Study Strong events throughout the week

Fatyma Cendejas , Staff Writer

Campus Programming is holding a series of events called Study Strong for this week in preparation for finals. Tuesday was “Beat the Heat with La Rosa.” Campus Programming had a La Rosa Cart filled with a variety of ice cream bars. The flavors consisted of lime, pineapple, strawberry and monster cookie. I followed Rosie, a campus programming student assistant, around campus to take photos. Rosie promoted their Study Strong events and encouraged students to follow their instagram page to stay updated. We walked to the SRC, Counseling Center, Science buildings, print shop, CAMP office and more. We gave out more than 100 ice cream bars to students and staff. Many different students got an opportunity to take an ice cream bar and got away from thinking about finals. Handing out ice cream bars help students stay cool during the heat and know they deserve a treat to get them through these finals.  

The events for this week:  

Wednesday:  

Graduation Cap Decorating, this event will start at 10 a.m., students will  

have a chance to decorate their cap at the Student Union MPR. 

Runner Hour Wednesday at 12pm, lunch will be provided to students who show up. Ike’s Sandwiches will cater to this event.  

Zen Zone in SRC Solario Room starting at 2 p.m. Study space and there will be snacks  

Thursday:  

Video Game Lounge starting at 7 a.m. ending at 9 p.m. Students are able to go to the MPR inside the Student Union and play a variety of video games set up by Edward Webb. 

Late Night Breakfast , The Runner Cafe will have free breakfast served starting at 9 p.m. 

Friday: 

Cups & Crafts starting at 11 a.m. in the Student Union Patio. ASI will provide free scantrons, pencils, lemonade, iced tea and also SLIME.