Runner Nights Reveal Returns In-Person

Ellice Richman

Dr. Wallace unveiling this year’s Runner Nights artist in front of the Student Union building on Wednesday, May 4, 2022.

Ellice Richman, Digital Editor-in-Chief

Yesterday, Wednesday, May 4, 2022, CSU Bakersfield announced the performing artist for the annual Runner Nights concert on the Student Union patio between 12-1 p.m. The reveal consisted of games, food, and music provided by Campus Programming prior, during and after the actual reveal.

Dr. Wallace, the vice president of student affairs, did the honor of unveiling the artist for this year’s concert, which will be R&B/Soul singer, Tinashe. She will be performing Thursday, May 19, 2022, at 8:30 p.m. in the Icardo Center, with doors opening at 7:30 p.m. and closing at 9:30 p.m.

Tickets will be $20 for students and alumni and $40 for faculty and staff. They were made available directly after the announcement on gorunners.com/runnernights where more details of the event can be found. Tickets will not show up until you have registered or logged in.

Some things to note about the concert itself are that attendance is by special invite-only, meaning only CSUB students, faculty, and alumni (2019-2021 only) will be able to attend. Like most school events, you will have to show your school ID to enter, or a matching photo ID for alumni.

There will be free parking available in Lot H and I, re-entry after exiting the event is not allowed, along with no large bags or backpacks (small bags ok but will be searched) and no outside food or drink.

This is the first in-person concert the campus will be hosting since going virtual 2 years ago and students were excited to be face-to-face again. There was much more life on campus yesterday with groups of students gathering around the Student Union patio for the reveal, followed by many cheers for the unveiled artist.

Yesterday was a first for many students returning to campus and in-person activities, granting all members of the school a sense of normalcy and excitement for what’s to come.