T-Pain announced as feature artist for Runner Nights

CSUB+student+Malah+Alkorin+on+the+phone+with+her+cousin%2C+CSUB+student+Ahlam+Alawig%2C+spreading+the+news+that+T-Pain+was+announced+at+the+Runner+Nights+featured+artist+reveal+at+the+Student+Union+Patio+on+March+10%2C+2020.++

Sam Underwood

CSUB student Malah Alkorin on the phone with her cousin, CSUB student Ahlam Alawig, spreading the news that T-Pain was announced at the Runner Nights featured artist reveal at the Student Union Patio on March 10, 2020.

Sam Underwood, Editor-in-Chief

Campus programming announced today that T-Pain will be the featured artist at Runner Nights this semester at CSU Bakersfield.  The announcement was made as students lined up for free tacos on the Student Union Patio.

“This is my last year so I want to go,” said Daisy Flores, a liberal studies major at CSUB.  “I’ve been listening to him since I was in middle school, so I’m going to be all in my feels listening to ‘Bartender’.”

Manual Vargas is a transfer student from Taft who is excited about going to see T-Pain for his birthday.

“It’s pretty cool. We don’t get a lot of big people like this coming through Bakersfield. This is a lot different than Taft,” said Vargas.

T-Pain is set to perform at the Icardo Center on March 27, 2020.  The doors will open at 8 p.m.  Tickets are on sale through the campus programming website;  gorunners.com/runnernights.  Tickets are priced at $20 for students and $40 for staff and faculty.