The Rundown with Melisa Magaña: Ep. 4

Melisa Magaña, Podcaster

March 18, 2022 episode of The Rundown with Melisa Magaña.

Available on Soundcloud, Spotify, and Apple Music @TheRunnerOnAir

Music Credits:

Intro and outro Song –
Talk to Me
Written By Michael Thomas Geiger
Performed By Mikey Geiger

Sports Song –
Tore Up
Performed by Aaron Sprinkle

TRANSCRIPT:

Hello, welcome to this new episode of the rundown by the runner on air. I am your host Melisa Magaña and super happy to be here to share important dates and events going on at our camps. So, without hesitation let’s get started with this week’s rundown.

Do you struggle to create a perfect citation?
Because I do and tend to get very frustrated, especially when it’s a very important paper. This Tuesday, March 29, come to the Dezember Reading room in Walter Stiern Library from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. to get help from experts to get your citations into perfect shape!

We all have different ways to express ourselves, some do it through art, others like to sing, or even by dancing. If you would like to express yourself and show your talents stop by the Stockdale room on Tuesday, March 29 at 7 p.m. to enjoy expression night. You will be able to express yourself by speaking, dancing, singing, art, or any other awesome talent that you might have. To sign up you can email [email protected]. Don’t miss this opportunity to express yourself while sharing your talents.

This Friday, March 25 join the CSUB Graduate Student Center, which will be hosting a workshop presented by Ms. Natalia Salinas and CSUB alumni. This workshop will discuss topics about mental health and how to overcome its challenges. You can sign up by visiting www.csub.edu/graduateastudentcenter/events-workshops. This event is open for all students.

Throughout this week, our baseball, softball, and soccer team will be having a couple of events going on.
On Tuesday, March 22 men’s baseball will be playing at the Hardt field against Pepperdine, the game will begin at 6 p.m.
On Friday, March 25 they will be playing against Utah Valley also at the heart field, the game will also begin at 6 p.m.
On Saturday, March 26, and Sunday, March 27 they will also play against Utah Valley, both games will be hosted at the heart field. On Saturday the game will begin at 2 p.m. and on Sunday at 12 p.m.
Our softball team will also host a couple of events.
Saturday, March 26 they will play against Cal St Fullerton at the softball field, the game will begin at 1 pm.
On Sunday, March 27 they will once again play against Cal St Fullerton at the softball field, the game will also begin at 1 p.m.
Last but not least our Men’s soccer will be hosting a game this week.
They will play against Xolos (Mexico) on the Main soccer field and it will begin at 7 p.m. Tickets are available on GoRunners.com/tickets, the tickets will also be sold at the gate. Group discounts will be available.
Many sporting events are going on, so don’t miss out, come support our teams and have some fun cheering them on.

Our latest issue is available at therunneronline.com. In this issue, a lot of awesome Information is shared, one of them being that The Runner won 12 awards for student journalism.
These awards were given at the Associated Collegiate Press conference in Long beach. Huge congratulations to the winners, you guys deserve it.
Don’t forget to follow us on our social media which are all linked at the runneronline.com in the top left corner.

The art department will be presenting multiple events throughout this week called “Time Stamps”.
In this event, you will be able to view old postcards and compare them to the new ones, so you can see how much the locations have changed.
The exhibition will present work by Merle Porter and his photographs of landscapes. This event will be going on Tuesday through Sunday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Thank you for listening to this week’s podcast episode, don’t forget to tune in each week to receive a quick rundown of any event going on at our campus. That will conclude this episode, I hope you enjoyed and received the Information that you were looking for in a quick way. Have a great day and stay safe.