Preview: Sacramento State helps guide CSU system in creating emergency housing programs in an upcoming webinar

Jennifer Samano, Features Writer

Image obtained from the email announcement sent to Runners via Outlook.

The “Emergency Housing Program: Creation & Development Process” on Nov. 18 from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. is the second CSU-wide online webinar for “Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week.” 

This event will be hosted by Sacramento State, and registration is needed for `Runners interested in joining the webinar. Runners can register through the event flyer sent out to all CSUB students via Outlook or by clicking here. 

According to the registration form, this webinar is “designed for any college campus exploring the development of an emergency housing program.”  

The guest speakers that will be featured in the event will include Ed Mills, Vice President for Student Affairs, Samuel Jones, Executive Director of University Housing and Danielle Muñoz, CARES Office Case Manager.  

The registration form states that the event will include information on “funding sources, staffing structures, risk assessment, and implementation” for campuses that are considering the addition of an emergency housing program.  

The Sacramento State Emergency Housing Program will be explaining their experience with their emergency housing program along with additional information.