Stay updated with RunnerSync

Carla Alvarado, Copy Editor

CSU Bakersfield has a new form of navigating through a new website called RunnerSync. RunnerSync was first launched back in Aug. 1, 2019 by Student Organizations and RunnerSync Coordinator, Edward Webb. This website was launched for students, faculty and staff so that they would be able to be up to date with events that will be occurring through-out the semester, even when they are not on campus. 

All current enrolled students as well as faculty and staff have an account on RunnerSync students are able to login in with your CSUB Net ID. This new website was developed to be navigated easily for the public, and for CSUB students to use when they want to be notified about certain events that will be happening on campus To go on RunnerSync, simply go to csub.edu, go to current students, scroll down to quick links and students will find RunnerSync just below myCSUB. 

The RunnerSync is where current students enrolled, and staff are able to organize their profile to what they are interested in. It was developed for students and club organizations with a simple swipe of students CSUB ID card to enroll them and sign waivers when entering an event and making it easier for off-campus events. 

“Out of 174 organizations, there’s 1,708 organizations members and those are unique numbers, that means out of the 12,000 students that we have, approximately 15 percent of them are involved.” said, Webb 

Once a CSUB student has graduated, they will still able to access their profile but are no longer allowed to attend the events for free. RunnerSync is updated every day and is organized to a standard that makes it easy to understand.  

RunnersSync is also a club and organization site where you can learn more about a specific club or organization, students could be interested in. Some clubs you can find are Alpha Chi National Honor Society lota Chapter, Anthropology Club and Ag Business Club. These are only a few clubs you can find on RunnerSync. Students have a category and an option area where students can choose from.   

“Forms can be accessed and they can be anything from ASI funding applications for the clubs to things like elections and registering for an event is on RunnerSync,” Webb said. 

The RunnerSync Coordinator is looking forward for new improvements coming towards the website. Webb is looking forward to, improving RunnerSync so students will be able to have more options to choose from while navigating through the site. 

One of the new improvements Webb is looking forward to is an “Experiences” section, where students will be able to find leadership training for clubs and be able to complete certain levels. This works when a student attends events, each event has a certain tag that will be able to complete a level in your experiences but be able to complete them by the events you attend through-out the semester. 

RunerSync will be able to show students the value that they got out of the events, providing students with a list of events they attended, according to Webb. 

“The software is introducing us to the program a little at a time and I do not know how long will have to meet with them to flip the switch, but I am hoping within the next month or so,” Webb said. 

Students, faculty and staff should be on the lookout for any new upcoming updates to RunnerSync coming this semester and be ready to check on any new events coming to CSUB like, RowdyCon.