ASI president welcomes students back from break.

Mari Woodmansee

Aaron Wan- ASI President 2019-2020

Aaron Wan

To all our students at California State University Bakersfield,
I hope that you had a wonderful winter break and were able to replenish all your energy!
Whether you are a returning student or an incoming student, I am truly excited to see everyone on our campus. On behalf of the ASI Board of Directors, I would like to welcome you all back to our campus. I want students to know that your voice matters, and that if you are facing issues, you want to create a new event or tradition at CSUB, or you just need someone to talk to, my team and I will always be here for you with open doors.
We have a lot in store for you this spring semester, and I encourage you to participate, as well as provide us your feedback. The ASI election is coming up soon, and we have a month of activities such as socials, forums, tabling events, and panels to inform you about the different positions and what they do in the board. I really encourage you to run for the positions, for they give great opportunities to expand your network and provide the ability to help many students on our campus and our community.
We are also approaching an exciting time, which is CSUB’s 50th anniversary year. Our ASI board, administration, and the staff are working on the planning process for the upcoming year. Big events such as the Runner Nights Concert, Rowdy Con and many others are coming up, so stay tuned for the latest updates.
During the winter break, we were also formulating plans to improve the student section with athletics, and to find ways to enhance school spirit. If you have any ideas, you are more than welcome to contact us! Furthermore, Runner Spotlights, where we highlight students in our media pages, will be continued this semester.
Lastly, it is a new year! If you had a rough semester or a rough past year, I just wanted you to know that every one of you have the ability to change and better your life at any given day that you want. I challenge you to get out of your comfort zone and to try the things that you have always wanted to do in life. Keep learning, keep growing, and keep exploring the world. There is great potential in each one of us, and we are the determiner of our own limitations. Continue to inspire the world, and I hope that you have an amazing spring semester.

Your ASI President,
Aaron Wan