Breaking News: Over 4000 students at CSUB Locked Out of Student Registration due to Immunization Holds

Canva image by Marlene Garcia/The Runner

Graciela Aguilar, Staff Writer

Monday April 18 over 4,000 California State University, Bakersfield students were locked out of class registration for the summer and fall semesters due to a hold on their account for not being compliant with the CSUB immunization requirements.  

These immunization holds are not COVID-19 related, but for traditional immunization’s including Measles, Mumps, and Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (TDAP) all students under 22: Meningococcal Conjugate (Serogroups A, C, Y, & W-135) all students under 18: Hepatitis B (Hep B) all students: Tuberculosis Test (TB) according to CSUB Health Services.  

The immunizations have been required since the fall of 2020 but have been constantly pushed back due to the pandemics ongoing surges. This January all students were informed that this February the immunizations were going to be required once again, there would be no further push backs. Students not compliant with immunization records will have an immunization hold placed on your account on Feb 25. that will prevent receiving financial aid and class registration.  

As of now, since the holds have prevented students from registering for classes for the summer and fall semesters there has been a gradual decrease in the number of holds says Erika Delamar Associate Director for Student Health Services at CSUB.  

“These immunization records have been required since the fall of 2020 but have been constantly pushed back due to COVID-19 related issues,” said Delamar.  

There have been countless count-down emails sent specifically to students that have not uploaded the required immunization documents since the fall of 2020. Students must follow the direction on said emails to properly upload their document’s to Complio an American DataBank, a comprehensive tool used for student screening and immunization compliance. The process for documentation approval takes up to three days.  

“We understand that getting said documents and information might be difficult, which is why we sent out a number of emails since the requirements were put out by the board, especially since some information might not be correct and that is another three days of waiting and getting the correct information,” says Delamar. 

If you have any further questions or need help uploading your document’s to Complio, seek help from CSUB’s Heath Services to remove any immunization holds and register for classes.