Breaking News: CSUB police search for sexual assault suspect

Image of suspect, now identified as Bradly Brent, in the sexual assault case at CSU Bakersfield on Feb. 5.

Provided by University Police

Paige Atkison, Assistant News Editor

Update: The suspect in the sexual assault case has been found. His name is Bradly Brent and is not facing criminal charges, according to the Bakersfield Police Department.

Click here to read the updated story.

A female CSU Bakersfield student was sexually assaulted in Student Housing East on Feb. 5, according to an email released by the University Chief of Police, Marty Williamson. The assault took place around 3:30 pm, with the suspect fleeing the scene on a black Harley Davidson motorcycle.

The suspect, who goes by the first name Brad, is described as a white male, 5 foot 8 inches, and 150 pounds. The suspect has identifiable tattoos on his body and face, including dollar sign tattoos across his eyelids. He was last seen fleeing Student Housing East wearing a brown jacket, white baseball hat, and black shoes, according to campus police.

The photo released by the University Police Department matched the Facebook photo of Bradly J. Brent, a 32-year-old man whose age matches the age range given police.

Brent has an extensive criminal record with charges taking place from 2010 to 2017, according to the Superior Court of Kern County. Court records show his past charges include possession of controlled substances, hit-and-runs, and violation of post-release supervision among various other charges.

Brent denied the allegations in a Facebook post, calling them “outrageous” and “completely and utterly false.”

Bradly Brent’s Facebook post denying the allegations of sexual assault made against him.

The University Police Department advises students to be alert of their surroundings and report any suspicious persons to campus police. 

To report an emergency, call the CSUB campus police at (661) 654-2111. 

To report a non-emergency, call (661) 654-2677.

To request an escort on campus, call (661) 654-2677.